In that state of Pennsylvania, you have the following 10 rights that your insurance company doesn't want you to know:
1. You have the right to choose the repair facility for a collision repair.
2. You are not required to get multiple estimates.
3. You have the right to have your car repaired to pre-accident condition.
4. You have the right to an insurance company estimate that contains every item necessary to return your vehicle to pre-accident
5. While the insurance company does not have a preferred provider program, it may try to steer you to a shop on the list or
pre-approved shop. This is called cost containment. The insurance company's list contains shops that work for the company, not you.
6. In your best interest, we cannot participate in any insurance company list program that interferes with our high standards of repair.
7. Insurance companies insure cars, they do not repair cars.
8. The business of repairing damaged property is not the business of insurance. They write estimates for repairs, or guesstimates.
9. Insurers have no regard for the safety of the repairs or the quality of them. Their only objective is cost containment.
10. If your insurer requires aftermarket parts for the repair, you are advised to check your lease agreement. If you own the vehicle, you will
very likely suffer diminished value in the end.
After a repair, you deserve to have your vehicle restored to its former glory. If your insurance company has tried to talk you out of your rights or out of our superior services, call our collision repair shop
for immediate assistance. Be sure to pick a shop that will work as your advocate. Don't let the insurance company steer you to a shop on the list or pre-approved shops.